Meet the cast.
Hey, there – I’m Amy, wife of one, mother of two, and keeper of the blog. Blankies & Booboos is a blog about family life – or more specifically, my family life. I can’t promise to stick to one topic on this blog because I write about whatever happens to be on my mind that day. Happy reading!
Some things you should probably know about me:
- I’m Kansas born and bred. And to answer the questions that immediately spring to mind about Kansas: Yes, we have tornadoes. Yes, it’s flat. No, I’ve never been cow-tipping.
- I’m a stay at home mom. Sometimes. And I work as an assistant at a financial consulting firm. Sometimes. I’m also a freelance writer. When the mood strikes. I dabble in lots of different things.
- I’ve constantly got my nose in a book. Truth be told, I’ve usually got at least two books going at a time. And I’m a super-fast reader. Not a brag, just a fact. I devour books the same way I devour Oreos.
- I have a sweet tooth and the pounds to show for it. Darn Oreos.
- I prefer to describe myself as “witty”. Others might describe me as “smartass.” They’re just jealous.
Oh, and just so you have an idea of who’s who, that’s me. I travel with princesses wherever I go.
This is Alissa. She’s five and completely full of it. Joy and song, I mean.
This is Ashley. She’s three. Ashley can’t decide if she is rough-and-tumble or a girly-girl like her sister.
If you’re looking for a picture of the Mister, you won’t find one. I write about him from time to time, but for the most part he prefers to remain the strong, silent, invisible type.